We recommend you have your basic website with a blog and a newsletter program, then you can add G+ as one of your social media links.
Google Plus -
1. Go to https://plus.google.com/ or log into your google account.
2. Complete the steps for setup and use your About file to post your information, this will stay the same throughout the sites add website link.
2. Upload a profile picture. Create a cover photo image. This theme should be consistent in color from your website design.
3. Connect with friends and people of interest. Create unique circles, Family, Business Friends, Moms, Twitter, etc.
4. Select your name wisely, you will attempt to use this throughout your social media sites. You won't want to change it later, everything will be connected via links.
5. Use the search feature to find Keywords that are relevant to support your niche.
6. #hashtags put you into categories on google. Create your own unique #hashtag and use it everywhere.
7. Use the explore feature to find what's hot and recommended.
8. Post on relevant, educational, and entertaining content that provides value, you can also +1 or share a post from others.
9. Be consistent, ie. post recent updates, +1 a few and check in on people you are following.
10. Post pictures, quotes, links, youtube videos.
11. Answer peoples questions
12. Create Circles, such as business contacts, health, moms, mentors, travel, real estate, etc.
13. Check out Communities that interest you, create your own community.
14. Create a Hangout or an Event.
15. Use sites that track your link stats like bit.ly or tiny.cc
16. Ask questions
Create your Google Page:
First Official Google+ Hangout with BWC
Website color... Blue
: means patience, peace, tranquility, trustworthiness, love, stability. It is one of the most beloved colors, especially by men. It is associated with stability and depth, professionalism, trust and honor. Red
: is mostly associated with boldness, excitement and desire. Red is the color of love, strength, power, energy, leadership and excitement. It is a strong color, and you should be aware of some of its negative associations, i.e. danger, alarms, traffic lights, etc. Green
: is the color of harmony, nature, healing, life, food and health. Also, it is often associated with money. Orange
: means cheerfulness and creativity. It can be associated with friendliness, confidence, playfulness, courage, steadfastness, etc. Purple
: traditionally associates with power, nobility and wealth. Wisdom, royalty, independence, nobility, luxury, ambition, dignity, magic and mystery. Brown
: is the color of relaxation and confidence. Brown means earthiness, nature, durability, tribal, comfort, reliability, etc. It can be thought of sophisticated, solid and conventional. Pink
: expresses tenderness, romance, femininity, truth, passivity, good will, emotional healing, care, peace, calming, affection, emotional maturity, nurturing, sweet tasting, sweet smelling, ethereal, delicacy, etc. White
: is associated with purity, simplicity, fresh, goodness, innocence easy, cleanliness, etc. This color is great to use for a background or accent color, because it highlights other colors. Black
: is a stylish and elegant color associated with power, sophistication, formality, health, etc. Black is an excellent technical color and helps to add some mystery to your design. But if you don’t want your website provoke depressing feelings, avoid using black over a large area. On the other hand, if you make a black background, it can enhance perspective and depth. Black is great to use for art and photography websites to help other colors vibrate.
Nicole Flothe Facebook
/TwitterResource: Google search Website Colors
Keep your Vision/Mission Statement in mind in all the marketing you do for your company.
1. Like 5 or more people/fan pages a week by posting comments on their fan pages and linking back to your fan page. If you find relevant content share it on your fan page.
2. Join once a week a Fan Page promote session...This is where people are sharing their fan pages and liking others.
3. Referrals - Educate, nurture ask, reward. Educate the fans once a week or more on news related to your company. Examples...Youtube videos, Quotes, Pictures, Blogs offering educational information. Nurture Like their comments or acknowledge them for liking your post. Ask...Make a request for fans to share your content or like your post. Reward...Create a reward for loyal fans and let them know about it. Example...Do a once a month drawing an award a small item from store.
4. Do a once a week promotion or update on your company news. This would be a great way to incorporate Blogging and post links onto Facebook.
1. Have all your Facebook posts go directly to your Twitter account.
2. Create a specific Hashtag # that you use for your company and start adding it to your tweets.
3. Spend 5 to 10 minutes on Twitter and connect with people in your niche.
4. Retweet those quotes, tips, pictures, and blogs that bring value to your company.
5. Share valuable information and updates. You can use an auto schedule program like bufferapp.com or hootsuite.com to schedule tweets and share information at set times.
1. Post at least 3 -4 times a week, pictures with hashtags # that save the picture into categories on Instagram.
2. Like a few pictures in the hashtag category that you have posted your picture in.
3. Follow other related companies or people in your industry, and make a comment on their photos.
4. Connect the account to your social media sites.
1. Create an account and set up a pin board for your company.
2. Pin items that are related to your company at least 3-4 times a week.
3. Try to gather at least 10 items on your board that you found in the search section related to your topic of interest.
1. Share your story on a weekly basis in an article or doing Wordless Wednesdays to generate traffic to your site.
2. Share with your social media sites and link to your products.
Social Mention is a great tool to track your key words that you want to be notified about or your name to find out when you are being mentioned. It's free too!
1. Facebook is a great way to list your business by creating a Fan Page. When businesses create their fan page, they begin connecting with their customers. A great place to find other connections for businesses is facebook.com/smbusinessroom
2. Twitter is a quick newsfeed that connects 140 characters or less of information about your company or yourself. #HASHTAGs are important and many companies use them to tag their topic of interest. I just recently created a new tag for the our affiliated magazine #heartbeatmag
. There are some really great hashtags out there and you can search for them at the top of twitter to find relevant customers. One example is a company called #foodiechats
and they use their hashtag every Monday for live tweet meetups. 3. Pinterest
is becoming a very important tool to business owners using social media. It's a place you can pin the pictures of interest to your virtual board. We have a board for Businesses we Love and companies websites get pinned to that board.4. LinkedIn
is a favorite for business owners that want to provide a professional appearance. It also provides a perfect resource for connecting with other business owners.
5. Instagram is a useful tool for those who want to join a world of photographers, some are professional but most are amateur. Instagram is a way for businesses to share visually what their company is all about. You can use #hashtags to categorize your picture, like #pottery, #art, #heartbeatmag, #media, etc.
6. Youtube sets the bar for sharing a message virtually. Once your company is live on camera, it allows your customer to begin to trust in you. Quick videos can be made with animoto or other apps on iPhones and edited during the upload process to Youtube.
7. Google+ is a resource for newsfeeds and connecting all areas of Google together with their circle of friends. They offer Google hangouts where you can have an online video chat session with clients or business owners on a topic of interest.
8. Etsy, I believe is a great resource for business owners that have handmade items. You can create circles of people that you want to follow and add favorites to connect further with new clients.
All in all, Social Media is here to stay and a big part of the life of your business.
by Nicole Flothe
Services for paying bills and getting payments from your clients is becoming easier. Now several Credit card companies offer free devices or apps that allow you to charge your customer instantly with your phone. If you use Bank of America, they have an app that can be used to transfer money or check your balance. It's convenient having it at the press of a button on your iPhone. Mint.com offers an app that can help you manage your money, budgets, expenses and bills. Manilla is a similar app that automatically retrieves and files your bills and statements and sends you helpful reminders so you will never miss a payment or lose valuable coupons or points. Here is a view of a few of our top favorites...
Focus on what you Love to do while we take care of your Web Design.
Brand your site with your company's logo and colors. You'll get compliments and recognition!
Social Media Support
Find your way to offering specials, promotions, and updates on Facebook, Twitter & Bloggin with ease!
Worry Free Maintenance
JENStar Media helps keep you up to date on ways to generate traffic and maintain your site.
Develop a Tagline
It's easy to capture your audience and create a memorable impression with a unique tagline & motto. We love setting this up.
If you have an iPhone than this is a unique way to make friends and share what you have been up to lately through a world of pictures. I recently downloaded the free app and have been taking random pictures ever since. I love the editing software that comes with the program and how easy it is to post and heart other pictures. The popular page is one of those things that someday I hope to make but for now I enjoy learning from other photographers out there that take beautiful, amazing photos.
They also have many competitions and challenges that you can join. It makes it fun and interactive. What I like most about Instagram is that people share what apps they have used to make certain pictures pop with color or unique designs. This week I've downloaded many free apps and some I paid for to use and make my pictures more creative.
My top picks for apps this week I've been enjoying #instagram and using lots of hashtags. My favorite apps that are helpful are squaready, camera+, PicFrame, Watermyphoto, PhotoStudio, and Shapecollage.
For those of you that like to create connections with new people and perhaps share what you do, I think Instagram is a perfect fit for these type of friendships.
I was reading a great article the other day that shared ways to keep up with bloggin ideas and topics to continue to post on your website. The article shared about how to set one day a week as the day that you will do your topics of interest. List them out and add anything random that comes to mind. Once you have your list created circle the ones that most interest you and do some online research and gather some links from articles and supportive data around your subject. Then once this is complete you can begin posting your favorite story and will have a weeks worth of content to keep you going. Some people blog once a day, some blog once a week. I've seen many websites that don't get back to their blog for several months. It's kinda like a good book, if you find one your really interested in you will finish it within a few days but if it doesn't interest you then you might not ever finish it. Keep to topics that interest you and you will have your typing free flowing as your ideas continue to be something that touches a key to your message you want to share. Here are a few links to some people that give suggestions on what to blog about...http://www.chrisbrogan.com/100-blog-topics-i-hope-you-write/http://freeblogplace.com/2011/05/21/how-to-get-interesting-topics-for-your-blog-posts/http://bestbloggingtipsonline.com/weekly-free-blog-topics-at-for-bloggers-by-bloggers-2/
I recently read a statement that was said, "If you spend one hour a day for two years on something you will be considered an expert in that something."
I believe when we enjoy something than we need to investigate how we can make that something we do for a living. Editing sites and creating sites is one of my passions. I've been enjoying the creativity for the last 10 years.
Bloggin has been a new experience for me in the last few years but the more I learn the more I enjoy writing what I'm thinking and sharing this with others. If we spent time sharing more and not being so private in life we would develop a strong more connected world.
So for today I challenge those that are reading this to step into something you enjoy and see how you can develop it into a job for yourself. Step out of behind the curtain and into what you love.