The Fall season starts September 22nd and those of us with children are getting into a rhythm of schedules with back to school started in most areas. What has been your experience so far this September?
I've learned to be flexible and adapt with my family. Many students have online learning but some have the option of going to school with masks required during the current COVID pandemic. So far my kids do online learning with the choice to go back to school when they are ready. I also work at the office a few days a week and then from home the other days. This makes it nice to help my kids with school work or just having lunch with them when I have a break.
What's your routine look like? Each child and parent will have their own routines and schedules as things progress into the Fall season. Have you started working on yours yet? We use the Calendar app on our phone to set dates and reminders for upcoming events. I've done a few Zoom conference calls working from home, it's been fun but recently I had to text my daughter in the next room to come get our noisy dog. This is what they call the new normal of life.
Have you made any recent posts on your social media or news on your website? As I see on my own website I haven't updated the blog in a while. I've been focused on my clients sites and social media and also updating Facebook with my latest news. My friend and coworker Beth Gatrell reminded me that it's time for a new blog update! A great thing about life is to just get started if you've stopped. It's ok, it will take a little time to get the search engines zooming in on your website again but if you have past content that intrigues people that will always be working for you.
Today I started again and created this blog post. I love checking out what's going to be happening in the month that I'm in and I visit sites that have the holidays listed.
I used https://nationaltoday.com/september-holidays/ to get a few great ideas for posting and creating content.
It's National Online Learning Day today, wishing those online learners the best of success today and for the school year! A few other post ideas I liked for the month is, Sunday Sept 20th is National Pepperoni Pizza Day, Monday Sept 21st is National Day of Peace, and Tuesday September 28th is National Coffee Day along with World Heart Day. As I look to the future of my posting I see a few days sharing some pizza with friends, peaceful talks, coffee time and a few healthy thoughts about Hearts. It's pretty easy to make out the plan for the month when you see what kind of days are coming up. I hope this tip helps you in your business.
If you don't have time for research and development of your online social media than you've found the right connection, it's what I love helping my clients create. Please feel free to subscribe to the newsletter to get more tips and news. If you're wanting to do a Zoom meeting or in person meeting send me an email.
All the best,
Join Me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest,
***Subscribe Here for ENEWS***
Have you ever been to a blog and wondered why so many people were leaving their link below a blog post? You just found something that bloggers call a Blog Hop. It's a group of bloggers that are viewing each others blogs on a particular subject like recipes or wordless wednesdays which is about a photo you share.
Some blogs have great directories listing all the fun blog hops you can participate in. Here is a list I thought would be helpful.
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Dave Graveline of Into Tomorrow, the consumer electronics radio show. “Into Tomorrow with Dave Graveline” – on the air since 1996 – is a 3-hour radio program (as well as many ITTV Video Reports) covering the Latest in Consumer Electronics & Technology available today and … into tomorrow. The show airs on over 190 AM & FM radio stations around the U.S. and a plethora of other sources! Before the show, I was asked to fill out a guest registration form.
Here are the topics we covered:
Social Media Sites
Web Design Color
Question 1 :
How did you get involved with Social Media and Website Design?
What has been the latest buzz in Social Media that you have found important?
Do you blog? What is one of your favorite blog posts?
How do you track your online influence?
Listen to my radio segment here, I am toward the end of the program or download at Into Tomorrow, they also have a podcast on iTunes, Into Tomorrow with Dave Graveline and my segment is
IT 5-31-2103 hr1 - Into Tomorrow with Dave Graveline.
Keep your Vision/Mission Statement in mind in all the marketing you do for your company.
1. Like 5 or more people/fan pages a week by posting comments on their fan pages and linking back to your fan page. If you find relevant content share it on your fan page.
2. Join once a week a Fan Page promote session...This is where people are sharing their fan pages and liking others.
3. Referrals - Educate, nurture ask, reward. Educate the fans once a week or more on news related to your company. Examples...Youtube videos, Quotes, Pictures, Blogs offering educational information. Nurture Like their comments or acknowledge them for liking your post. Ask...Make a request for fans to share your content or like your post. Reward...Create a reward for loyal fans and let them know about it. Example...Do a once a month drawing an award a small item from store.
4. Do a once a week promotion or update on your company news. This would be a great way to incorporate Blogging and post links onto Facebook.
1. Have all your Facebook posts go directly to your Twitter account.
2. Create a specific Hashtag # that you use for your company and start adding it to your tweets.
3. Spend 5 to 10 minutes on Twitter and connect with people in your niche.
4. Retweet those quotes, tips, pictures, and blogs that bring value to your company.
5. Share valuable information and updates. You can use an auto schedule program like bufferapp.com or hootsuite.com to schedule tweets and share information at set times.
1. Post at least 3 -4 times a week, pictures with hashtags # that save the picture into categories on Instagram.
2. Like a few pictures in the hashtag category that you have posted your picture in.
3. Follow other related companies or people in your industry, and make a comment on their photos.
4. Connect the account to your social media sites.
1. Create an account and set up a pin board for your company.
2. Pin items that are related to your company at least 3-4 times a week.
3. Try to gather at least 10 items on your board that you found in the search section related to your topic of interest.
1. Share your story on a weekly basis in an article or doing Wordless Wednesdays to generate traffic to your site.
2. Share with your social media sites and link to your products.
Enjoy updates about what's happening on the internet and how to stay ahead of social media and web design.